COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect information about you, which may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number and any other information that you choose to provide when you:
- Visit our website
- Buy from our online shop
- Sign up to our newsletter
- Take part in special offers and surveys
- Communicate with us
We may also automatically collect information about your use of our website to help us understand our audience and create the best customer experience:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the website, including the type of browser used; the time, duration and frequency of access; website pages viewed; your IP address; and the page visited before visiting our website.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device used to access our website, including the hardware model, operating system and version and mobile network.
Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device when you use our website based on your consent to the collection of this information.
- Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies: We and our service providers may collect information using cookies (small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that track usage). Please read the information below about cookies.
USE OF INFORMATION
Collecting data helps us to create the best customer experience. Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve our products and services.
- To respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- To communicate news and information that we think will be of interest to you, to conduct online surveys, and to contact you about events, contests and promotions offered by us and others
- To operate our website, including to process transactions, monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our website and its performance
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
- To comply with applicable law and government requests.
We may also use your information for other purposes described to you at the time we collected it.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the information will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it.
- Legitimate interests: We process information about you to fulfill online orders and provide services. We also process information about you where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and not overridden by your rights (for example, in some cases for direct marketing, fraud prevention, network and information systems security, responding to your communications, the operation of networks of groups by the network administrators, and improving our website).
- Consent: We process information about you for if you have given us your express consent, for example by signing up for our newsletter (which requires two-step verification and can be withdrawn at any time)
- Contract: We may process information to perform a contract.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may disclose information about you to our third-party service providers who help us to operate or improve our website. This is to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorise, subject to confidentiality obligations.
We may also share de-identified or aggregated information that no longer identifies you.
If Toast Ale is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganisation, bankruptcy, or sale of our assets, information about you may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We may also share information about you with future corporate parents and subsidiaries.
We protect your information that is under our control from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal. We store all information that you provide to us on secure servers or with third-party service providers with secure servers. We use firewalls to protect against intruders and test for network vulnerabilities.We train employees about our data privacy policies and procedures, and only permit authorised employees to access information if necessary to their role. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
Where you have a password to use our services, you are responsible for keeping this password secure and confidential. If you would like to update or change your password, you may select the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page. You will be sent an email to reset your password.
We retain certain information that we collect from you for the following reasons:
- So you can use our website
- To ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to
- To better understand the traffic to our website so we can provide all users with the best experience
- To detect and prevent abuse of our website, illegal activities and breaches of our Terms and Conditions
- To comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
If we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
If you have purchased from our online shop, you may update your account information by editing your account settings when you log in, or by sending a request to [email protected] You can also disable or control cookies that collect information about your use of our website through your browser settings.
You can control messages that you receive from Toast Ale by selecting the ‘update preferences’ or ‘unsubscribe’ link in the messages that you receive. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails we send you.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent.
- Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- EMAIL NEWSLETTERS RELATED: Because we have a newsletter subscription service, cookies are used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications depending on whether you’re subscribed or not.
- ORDERS PROCESSING RELATED: This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- THIRD PARTY (GOOGLE ANALYTICS): We use use Google Analytics to help us gather anonymised and aggregated statistics. This helps us understand how you use the site (e.g. how long spent on the site and which pages are visited) so we can improve your experience. In particular, we want to know how many of our visitors make a purchase.
- 3RD PARTY (SOCIAL MEDIA): We use social media buttons and plugins to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, Facebook may set cookies to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold as outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Also, we may occasionally test new features and make subtle changes to the site. While testing, cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience and we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Unfortunately there are no industry standard options for disabling some cookies without disabling all. Disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this site, so we recommended you leave on all cookies.
This policy is updated from time to time. Last updated: 17th May 2018.
Please note our website may contain links to other websites. We have no control of websites outside the toastale.com domain and are not responsible for the privacy of any information you provide to them.