Eco Warriors Children’s Card Game – Inspiring Kids To Care For Our Planet
Eco Warriors Card Game is an educational game teaching children how to take care of the planet, their home and belongings. Helping to inspire kids to become eco-conscious and understand how we can all live a more sustainable life to fight climate change.
Eco Warriors card game is an educational game teaching children (age 5-12) how to take care of the planet, their home and belongings. This climate change and conservations game will help children to know how to live more sustainably. Our engaging rhymes and colourful illustrations will delight the children, and to make the game even more interesting, why not hide the cards around the home and use the treasure-hunt clues we supply in the pack?
Our mission when creating this game is to empower children to take charge and instead of being victims to climate change, become part of the solution. At Helpful Kids we’ve been empowering children with domestic life skills and because we are passionate about fighting climate change (and the situation is so dire) wanted to harness our expertise in teaching children domestic life skills and extend them to benefit the environment, as well as the children’s well-being, confidence, character development, daily habits and ability to make a positive impact. As Greta Thunberg so aptly said: No one is too small to make a difference.
Each card is size A6 (quarter of an A4 page) and is made from durable recycled card (350mg).
The cards are double-side printed, each card touches one area in the home where children can make a difference, the rhyme introduces the topic in an engaging way, and the “Eco Warriors Actions” detail what specifically children can do to fight climate change at home. It also includes a reward chart and stickers so children can track their progress and acknowledge the wonderful impact their actions have on the environment.
As a mum of 3 kids myself, and after talking with tens of my workshops’ participants, I realised my next product need to be as friendly to parents as possible. This set of cards aims to motivate children to take on new good habits, by themselves, without the need of parents’ intervention, nagging and reminding. We’ve included two sets of instructions, one for the children and one for adults. The children’s instructions emphasise the need to work independently. We’ve also introduced a reward chart (“I feel proud” chart), which the children will use by themselves. The rhymes and eco-warriors actions further motivate the kids as they are written in an engaging and clear way so the kids can understand what needs to be done, without the parent further explaining. So simply leave this kit at the hands of your children and let them choose the habits they want to adopt. No need to do much, really!
10 flashcards with a different rhyme and super-action on each side.
Reward chart (I Feel Proud) plus 30 Eco Warriors stickers
1 Large cotton bag which holds the flash cards (size 13*18)
The set arrives in a sturdy box size 12.5*17.5*5 cm.
Please add 1, 2, or 3 additional sets of reward charts and stickers (the basic pack already comes with 1 set of reward chart and stickers).
We have carefully sourced our product and all the materials are eco friendly:
Flashcards, clues and instructions: made from 100% recycled card, weight 350gsm. They are deliberately not coated with plastic which makes them less sturdy than the flash cards you might be used to. please ask your child to handle them gently, however, we will send you a free replacement if a card was damaged for any reason.
Cotton bags: a natural based product
Box: made from recycled paper
Clear mailing envelope: biodegradable.
Here are the positive and eco behaviours the cards promote:
Food shopping and cooking
1) Make a shopping list
2) Bring shopping bags
3) Buy food with minimal/no plastic packaging
4) Eat less beef
5) Reduce food with palm oil
Make use of a compost bin
1) Scrape your food into a compost bin without being asked
2) Scrape the food in without making a mess around the bin
3) Earn extra shells for putting the dishes in the dishwasher without being reminded
Load the dishwasher to the max
1) Put your dishes inside the dishwasher
2) Ask your parents to show you how best to load the cutlery, the cups and glasses, the plates and the bowls. Each type earns you a super action!
Keep food fresh for longer
1.Wrap any leftover food with eco friendly packaging
2. Put all food away after meals and snacks
3. Eat any leftover food the next day
Wiping up crumbs and spills
1) Wipe spills and crumbs as soon as you finish your meal
2) Use water or natural products to do so
3) Rinse and wring the cloth
4) Let the cloth dry over the tap
Sort out the rubbish
1. Put items in your home’s recycling bag
2. Take out one full bin bag and put it in the correct outdoor bin
3. Put the lid back down to stop any wildlife getting in
Drinks matter too
1. Take a water bottle to school
2. When eating out, ask for tap water or water in a glass bottle
3. At home, re-use the same water glass throughout the day.
Make the most of toilet paper
1. Pay attention and use a sensible amount of toilet paper
2. When the roll is empty replace it with a new one and recycle the cardboard tube
3. Give recycled loo paper a try
Cleaning the toilet
1. Look at the toilet bowl after you’ve had a poo
2. Scrub any mess away with a toilet brush
3. Flush the toilet again and use the water to wash the toilet brush
4. Put the toilet brush back into its base
Cleaning the sink
1. After brushing your teeth wipe around the sink with a cloth
2. Wring the water out and neatly put the cloth to dry
1. When you brush your teeth or wash your hands turn off the tap until it’s time to rinse
Swap your bathroom items
1. Swap your plastic toothbrush for a bamboo toothbrush
2. Swap plastic cotton buds for wooden ones
3. Swap liquid body wash for bar soap
4. Swap bottled shampoo for a shampoo bar
Cut back on plastic toys
1. Together with your parents try and find eco-friendly alternatives for what you are looking to buy (such as bamboo or silicone)
2. Borrowing books from the library or buying used books online is also a great way to reduce paper consumption
Give old toys to charity
1. Make a pile of all the things you want to give away (earn 1 shell for each item!)
2. Show the pile to your parents. They will make the final decision about what to keep
2. Go along with your parents to the charity shop
4. Take note of the kind of things that are in the charity shop then the next time you need something perhaps you can buy it from there!
Reduce your paper usage
1. Write or print on both sides of paper
2. Remove unused paper from notebooks before throwing them away
3. Order recycled paper for your home printer
Tidy your room
1. Make sure there’s nothing left on the floor before going to bed
2. Hang up your towel
2. Keep the lids on your markers and pens
3. Put old school paper in the recycling bin
Reduce the amount of laundry
1. Put your dirty laundry in the laundry basket
2. First check whether it really is dirty or can be worn again
3. Try to shake crumbs or use a damp cloth to wipe off small stains
4. Fold the clothes that you can wear again and put them back in your wardrobe
1. Open the blinds instead of turning on the lights
2. Turn off the lights each time you leave a room
Care for plants
1. Plant bee-friendly plants in your garden
2. Help to water the plants
3. Try growing a veggie patch
Care for wildlife
1. Plant bee-friendly plants
2. Put bird and squirrel feeders in your garden
3. Put a bee, bug or even bat house in your garden
– Is the product preaching any changes parents might not like? The most “extreme” suggestion we offer is one line about reducing beef and avoiding food with palm oil. Other than that parents and educators alike are all very happy with out suggestions, such as reducing the amount of laundry, taking good care of toys and clothes, reducing amount of plastic, paper, water, energy etc.
– What age is ideal for these cards? The ideal age range is 6-9 but we have children in the range of 5-12 using the cards.
- Shop: Helpful Kids
- Owner: Shiri Atsmon
- Our Story:
My child friendly products focus on family teamwork, fun & positive chores-for-kids education, with sustainability at the heart of everything we do. Narrowing the gender housework gap and helping Mother Nature flourish.
- Ships From: 47A Fitzalan Road
- No ratings found yet!